?

Log in

Kou-tachi: Ready to go? - A Whole New World [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
Omnipotent: A Saiyuki Role Playing Community

[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

Kou-tachi: Ready to go? [Oct. 7th, 2004|11:07 pm]
Omnipotent: A Saiyuki Role Playing Community

rp_omnipotent

[sheraton]
Dokugakuji listened to the others and shook his head. The same thing happened every time their quest got dangerous, and it was up to him to draw the right conclusion to this debate. No time like the present.... The big youkai got back into the flying dragon's saddle and beckoned Yaone to follow him. Then he pasted a grin on his face and waved at the leader of the group.

"Looks like nothing's going to be able to tear them away, Kou. And, since I'll be damned if I let you go in there without me to watch your back, I guess you'll have to put up with all of us."
linkReply

Comments:
[User Picture]From: ouri
2004-10-09 06:48 pm (UTC)
...Put up with?! Kougaiji fought back the impulse to shake his head in disbelief. Did his companions have any idea what that kind of loyalty and support was worth? After growing up in the backstabbing politics of his father's court, and now years of tolerating Gyokumen Koushu's scheming, to know that he could count on these people beyond any shadow of doubt meant more than he could express.

"All right, then. We go into the tower and take the Scriptures." Ridiculous to state it as if the task could be done so easily. Even Lirin understood that it wouldn't be that simple in the doing. But determination and pure stubbornness had gotten them this far, so he might as well stick with it.

Considering the odds of the mission, though... he put a hand on Lirin's shoulder, tugged his sister to his side for a brief embrace. Then he climbed back onto his own dragon's back.

"From the ruckus a moment ago, I'd guess the Sanzo group has already opened the front door for us." He paused. "Let them run the gauntlet first." Since they would have to challenge the priest and his companions for the sutras as well, better to let the ikkou wear themselves out against whatever defenses the gods had raised.

"What if it looks like they're getting in over their heads?" Dokugakuji asked.

"Then we step in."
(Reply) (Thread)